Injuries to the body can be catastrophic, resulting in lacerations, fractures and soft tissue loss. Dr Damon Thomas is experienced in all types of reconstructive surgery, in particular those injuries involving the hand and face in addition to all aspects of microsurgery.
Candidates for Trauma Reconstruction Surgery
Trauma reconstruction surgery may be the best course of action for patients suffering any of the following types of trauma:
- Lacerations involving skin, tendons, nerves, and arteries
- Fractures or breaks of hand, finger and facial bones
- Missing digits or limbs
- Large loss of tissue and skin due to injury or cancer
- Facial trauma that affects function as well as appearance
- Exposure of underlying bone and tissue, such as an open fracture
About the Procedure
Reconstructive trauma surgery can be anything from a simple laceration to a complex microsurgical procedure. Dr Thomas prepares patients for these procedures by discussing every detail of treatment and planning ahead for any unforeseen circumstances that could impact the overall outcome of the surgery.