The eyes are often one of the first places to reveal the passing of years with loose skin, excess pockets of fat and the formation of fine lines. Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is an effective way to refresh tired eyes and create a more youthful look. This procedure may be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both lids at one time. Dr Thomas performs blepharoplasty on both male and female patients, for cosmetic reasons or to improve the line of vision that has been impacted by drooping eyelids.
Candidates for Eyelid Surgery
You may be a good candidate for blepharoplasty if you have any of the following concerns:
- Isolated fat deposit under the eyes, giving them a puffy appearance
- Loss of skin elasticity, leading to sagging upper lids
- Sagging lids that hang low enough to interfere with your line of vision
- Excess skin and a crepe paper appearance on the lower lids
- Difficulty applying makeup on the upper lid due to a sagging brow line
Eyelid surgery can be performed alone or in conjunction with other surgical procedures or non-surgical treatments to enhance the overall result.
About the Procedure
Dr Thomas can perform eyelid surgery under local or general anaesthesia. Incisions will be made in the crease or lash line so that visible scarring after surgery is minimal. Through the incisions, Dr Thomas will remove excess tissue and skin, smoothing the eye area for a refreshed appearance. Most eyelid surgeries take between 45 to 90 minutes to complete.